Do you enjoy taking road trips with your family or friends? If you’re like me who loves to go on long road trips with family then perhaps you also make it a point to create your very own playlist to play while on the road. A long drive without good music to accompany it is just mere doldrums. Road trips are best enjoyed with music playing at the background to make the drive more lively and entertaining.
Creating a playlist is important when you want to enjoy a long road trip. A playlist is a group of songs that you add in a list so you can play them as a set or non-stop like a loop. Your playlist will be entirely dependent on your song choice, type of genre, and favourite singers or bands. Here is my own playlist. You’ll find it very eclectic because I follow a wide variety of genre. Most days, I compile a playlist as per genre and play them depending on my mood. However, on long road trips, I create playlist that is the embodiment of all my favourites regardless of genre. I try not to play sappy songs while driving though to prevent me from falling asleep behind the wheel. Most of my playlist collections include happy, perky, rock music to keep me awake and entertained, so are my passengers.
My eclectic road-trip playlist:
- Roadrunner by the Modern Lovers
- Shut Up and Drive by Rihanna
- Love Shack by The B-52s (Yes, I used to be a new waver!)
- Get Out Of My Dreams, Get Into My Car by Billy Ocean
- I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
- Life Is Highway by Tom Cochrane and the version too of Rascal Flatts
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
- Pumped Up Kicks by Katy McAllister
- Have Love Will Travel by The Sonics
- Ho Hey by The Lumineers
- The Boys of Summer by Don Henley
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
- Sweet Child o' Mine by Guns N' Roses
- Raise Your Glass by Pink
- Cake By The Ocean by DNCE
- Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- White Walls by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Good Life by One Republic
- Mercy by Duffy
Oh, the list goes on and on but so far, the songs above are my usual faves.
Whether it’s a car rental from companies like Turo (and who knows, your ride may come equipped with your fave tunes) or your very own, listening to your favourite tunes on a long drive is a nice way to de-stress and enjoy the task of long driving. So, what's in your playlist? Do share!