I have promised myself that I would book a room (even for a night) in one of the hotels in the Resort World Manila since the construction was completed few years ago. This resort is located near the Manila International Airport (NAIA Terminal 3). So, it is very convenient to travelers who wish to stay closer to the international airport.
I have finally had the chance to do that during my recent vacation to Manila. I was going back to Dubai ahead of my hubby and I didn't want to stress him by driving me to the airport amidst the holiday rush and traffic, I decided to book an overnight stay in Remington Hotel.
I'm very lucky to have caught a fantastic deal in Booking.com as I got the discounted rate for the standard double room that can accommodate me and my family of 3, who are all grown ups.
What I like:
- Clean room
- Comfortable beds
- Bright room with natural light seeping in from the floor to ceiling glass wall
- Free wifi (although the details from the hotel indicated that wifi is only accessible in public spaces, we managed to connect without any issues even inside our room in the 7th floor)
- Location is perfect! It is almost in front of the NAIA Terminal 2 airport and is inside the Resorts World Manila complex
- Access to the casinos with free 500 credit points awarded to guests which was claimable in the main casino in Resort World Manila
- Friendly staff
- Free registration to the Resort World Manila membership club with nice incentives
- Ground floor has eating establishments and a convenient (7-11) store just outside the hotel
- Many lifts for hotel guests to use so no cramming in one elevator car
- Free and very frequent airport shuttle for guests and when I had my turn, I was just the sole passenger of a mini-van. Service de luxe!
- Many taxis outside the hotel premise and even in the whole of the Resort World Manila complex so if you're commuting, it's easy to get a ride
- Well lit lobby and buzzing with people
- Air-con working really well
- Every floor has enough sitting area or lounges where you can just sit back, relax, read a good book or just sit around
- Our room rate came with free breakfast
- Free slippers for guests
- Near St. Theres's Church, just 5 mins. walk from the hotel
What I don't like:
- The bathroom is not very spacious and dimly lit
- The room isn't very big
- The floor is not carpeted
- The free breakfast had limited options from the restaurant's options at the lobby
- The queue in the Check in and Check out counter can get long during rush hours like during check in time
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Nearby attraction:Resort World Manila
Mall of Asia
Manila Ocean Park
City of Dreams Manila
My recommendation:This property is well situated in Manila, near the international airport. It has many selections of entertainment for the whole family and even for those who are casino enthusiast. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from in and outside the hotel premise. Aside from the fact that this is conveniently located almost in front of the airport, there are many taxis plying this route so it is easy to grab a cab and visit the other places in Manila.
Remington Hotel is located at Newport Boulevard, Newport City, Pasay, 1309 Manila, Philippines. It has 712 rooms to offer to guests.
If you are planning a stay in Manila that is just very close by to the airport or wants to enjoy the casinos, you may book in this hotel or find similar hotels within the area:
This hotel review is my personal review. I have paid for this stay and in no way sponsored by the property nor Booking.com. I love to book via Booking.com because I always find a very competitive rate or great deals when compared to other booking sites. My opinion is 100% mine and may vary from yours.