This is the first time we booked and stayed in Le Meridien. I used to sell it to my clients when I was still a travel agent. I would only have a glimpse of the Le Meridien splendour from the travel magazines I hand to my clients and they were fabulous photos of the property. So, my hubby and I jumped on the opportunity when our daughter was going to have her Graduation Ceremonies outside their school campus. We booked a deluxe room right away from Booking.com.
I am really impressed with the conservative look of this property. It gives you that opulent look without giving the vibes of being outlandish. The location is also a plus factor because it’s just few minutes away from Dubai International Airport Terminals. Aside from the good location, it is confined within the Le Meridien Village where numerous bars and restaurants line the cobble-stone pathway in this entertainment village. So, without further ado, below is my review of the five-star hotel.
What I like:
General and Service
- Location – it is just few metres away from the Dubai International Airport, the GGICO Metro Station, restaurants and other entertainment establishments.
- The efficient and friendly staff from the valet, bellhop, concierge, front desk agents and duty manager. They were all friendly, courteous, approachable and deeply rooted to their dedication to give service with a smile. It’s so hard to find that kind of service nowadays. I have to give my thumbs up and accolades to the men who were running the valet. We checked in around 12 noon and it was very hot that time and yet, not a single staff showed us a frown. We were greeted with warm, happy smiles despite of the heat. Now that is really worthy of mention and is going to be a great factor for me to book again in the future.
- We were allowed to check-in early at 12 noon. I just had a brief mention of the reason why we booked the room because it was for my daughter’s graduation ceremony. The hotel was kind enough to release a room for us so we wouldn’t have to rush and be hassled with all the preparation.
- The price was affordable considering it is a 5-star property. We got a very good deal from Booking.com for a deluxe double bedroom but upon check-in, we were upgraded to the Le Meridien Club Room.
- The staff who delivered our lunch gave us extra 4 bottled water for free.
- Check-out did not take a lot of time. I was even enrolled by the duty manager that time to their Starwood Preferred Guest Loyalty Programme.
- Public transportation is readily available. Just ask the concierge.
- What can I say? Upgraded room! And the Le Meridien Executive Room is quite spacious with ultra modern amenities such as modern phones with hands free function and other features that I haven’t even tried nor seen before and the espresso/coffee maker is an added feature.
- Aside from the spacious room, the down pillows are soft and the bed is comfortable.
- The bathroom is big enough that I didn’t bump into anything nearby. There were 2 hairdryers as well so my daughter and I didn’t have to wait for the other’s turn.
- The long vanity area near the TV also served as our table for our food.
- The built-in lights can be dimmed with a control.
- The study area is fancy and I like the curved design. It looked very classy and fitting for business travelers.
- The big closet has mini-safe box to stash important and valuable items.
- There were free slippers and shoe-cleaning kit.
- 2 bathrobes were available for use and there were plenty of towels for everyone.
- The shower area served as a huge bathtub as well.
- It’s very quiet inspite of the fact that it is surrounded by restaurants and bars with live bands playing.
- Well-stocked mini-bar
- Excellent in-dining experience for our supper! We also ordered during lunch and the selection is great!
- It has gym, spa and pool for guests to use.
- Valet parking
- Business centre
What I don’t like:
I have to be fair in my review so I have to inform my readers that the coordination and lack of proper communication from one restaurant to the hotel’s concierge was a hassle. I also had to ask the hotel for improvement in that aspect. The service between the Le Meridien Village’s restaurant (Jules Bar where we ordered our lunch) must have coordination with the main hotel’s concierge. Our lunch arrived more than an hour after we have repeatedly called Jules Bar for follow-up only to be advised that they could not directly deliver to our room but the food would be given to the concierge to handle the delivery from there. We were guests and we wouldn’t know that, right? So far, that was the only hassle we had encountered.
Price: AED 450 per room per night (deluxe double bedroom) without taxes (good deal from Booking.com)
Deira City Centre
Le Meridien Village
Dubai Creek Park
Dubai Golf and Yacht Club
Dubai World Trade Centre
Dubai Festival City
My recommendation: 5 out of 5
This 5-star property deserves a 5-star rating from me too! I give this a high five because of the excellent service they have provided, the wonderful amenities available for the guests and the luxurious and relaxing stay we had there. Will I book again? Definitely!
Le Meridien Dubai and Conference Hotel is located at Airport Road, PO Box 10001, Dubai, UAE.
Search for hotels and book here:
I was not compensated to do this review. This booking was a personally paid for by my family as our preference. My opinion is 100% mine and may vary from yours.